Saturday, February 5, 2011

At Wit’s End

I don’t know where to begin flogging today, which is frustrating to say the least. I’m staring at a blank screen begging to be filled with words of wrath or laughs – perhaps something in-between – and haven’t the wit to fit the schick. To get the juices pumping, the video below was posted, but the constant come-on face of Andra got in the way of the amazing special effects and all I wanted to do was shout “Stop gyrating and pouting! Get on with the song for eff’s sake! There’s nothing NEW about it!” Except for those nifty “special” effects.

After pacing around my abode for an hour in a blogger’s fog, retracing the latest news in my head, it dawned on me that writing an entire blog full of cliché’s could be entertaining, albeit straining on the brain. What do you think? Shall I give it a try? Is it something new? I doubt it; nevertheless, I have nothing to lose.

For once in my life I’ll let the chips fall where they may. What in the world does that mean? It’s an incomplete sentence. “Where they may…” May what? May give the devil his due so those chips will, by hook or by crook, end up, by the end of the day, in a heap on a poker table? The chips are poker chips, aren’t they? Not chips as in “fish and chips.” Could it be wood chips? Wow! I’m behind the eight ball on this one - hook, line, and sinker.

To discover the meaning of the chips, I could nip the entire question in the bud by researching the phrase. Doing so, though, would end the fun of playing with what in the world it actually means. Oh, I know most of you are chomping at the bit to learn the answer to this age-old question that no one really cares about; however, most of us from all walks of life have used the phrase at least once and never gave it a thought. We’re all in the same boat on this one unless you are a trivia scholar of sorts.

Having said that, I will carry on until the bitter end with this nonsense although I may pay the piper by losing your interest along the way. Don’t worry, I’ll have the answer just in the nick of time and this blog will be selling like hot cakes before the day is through. Yep. There’s never a dull moment here at TDFB. If there is, you can be sure I’ll find a way to stick out like a sore thumb whenever possible to gain your attention as you while away the hours looking for something to do. Believe me, I will leave no stone unturned to make your day. I do realize that you must have the patience of Job to hang in there with me as I ramble through this post in leaps and bounds of absurdity.

But what is a Saturday for other than to kick up one’s heels in the calm before the storm of this Sunday in particular, a Super Day for many in the US of A; or just another day for some to cry over spilled milk of their sins in a place of worship when the writing is on the wall that chances are most people will just do whatever it is all over again on Monday. ‘Tis simply human nature from time immemorial to allow sermons to fall on deaf ears, especially when a nearby home is full of cheers for a sports event.

Oh, silly is as silly does, doesn’t it? We’ve been on a whirlwind tour of cliché’s long enough. After all, we must get to the bottom of the “chip” mystery lock, stock, and barrel, correct?

The answer is: it’s wood chips from a woodcutter.

On that note, I leave you all for the day to make hay while the sun shines. Until my return tomorrow, I remain, as always, your faithful blogger who is feeling cool as a cucumber.

Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment