Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hell No, He Won’t Go!

In listening to Prezzie-of-Forever Mubarak's rambling, ultimately defiant speech wherein who-knows-what he was saying beyond “I am still President and I’ll leave in September, so go eff yourselves, my sons and daughters of this wonderful land,” I could feel the heat rising within the previously hopeful crowd gathered at Tahrir Square – optimistically labeled “Liberation” Square within recent hours past.

Apparently he is a real tease as my previous post suggested. Not very nice, sir. You’re too old to be playing parlor games with a brutally motivated populace to see you off to another land.

Aside from the obvious fact that Mubarak is a stubborn, prideful man, he is dangling too many empty words, band-aid platitudes, and symbolic changes at an angry populace in a foolish delusion that his masses (and, in his eyes, they are HIS people), will just “go back home” and carry on their daily lives as if the last 3 weeks hadn’t existed beyond his public, quite condescending natterings to quell the little people’s bad mood.

What will come of the seemingly sadistic tease that he would step down only to turn part of the power (in reality) over to his equally hated new Vice President Omar Suleiman. The new VP’s diplomatic stance with the protester’s is quite heart-warming: if protesters do not become involved in government-requested negotiations, a “coup” could take place that would cause more chaos, raising the likelihood of a crackdown. Uh oh. Another Bad Daddy figure.

The revolution, as it were as of today, has once more only just begun.

BTW, if the 9 private jets belonging to Mubarak won’t be used any time soon for any reason, I certainly would be happy to suggest that they be returned to the US as a form of good will – they were a bit costly at $111 million…..

Drat! No major celebration to watch on TV...only baffled pundits and speculative talk. Now I no longer have an excuse to sidestep the dreaded housework in prep for a guest.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Karma 8520 Heavy Duty Wheelchair


    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete