Thursday, February 3, 2011

Say It Ain’t So

Okay. I’m convinced that hell has frozen over and that the end is near. It began when I found myself agreeing with Bill O'Reilly twice in one week. I was so shocked the first time, I no longer recall the subject. The second was when he stood up to a small panel of pundits on his TV program where he graded President Obama’s handling of the Egyptian crisis higher than both – and one was a Democrat.

Then, yesterday, Michele Bachmann expressed her concern over the TSA body scans, suggesting she will not go through such an experience lest a copy of her scan would land in the wrong hands to be posted on the interwebs. Though an idea of seeing what could be inside that creepy Being is too much for me to consider before breakfast, it’s true that, eventually, someone at some point in the future will stealthily leak a scan of a person of public interest for the sheer thrill of it, not to mention all the money a tabloid-powered website and publication would pay for the skeletal sensation it would create. Therefore, I agree with her. Gulp.

But it’s the possible UFO sighting in Jerusalem over the weekend that has brought me to the conclusion that something big is afoot beyond a few thousand protester’s storming the streets of Cairo. Have you seen the “UFO” video? More than one video of it exists. If it was a hoax, as the usual cynics are suggesting, I’d like to know how the “hoax” was created to move at such speed? I’ve been thinking (and sometimes saying) for many years that when we begin to have very public sightings of those strange lights in the sky, it will be a significant indication of how close we are to ruining our planet.

Aside from the doom and gloom scenario, it’s a lovely day today. The earth is still spinning, isn’t it? Or is it just my head?

1 comment:

  1. If you listened closely, you may find that you agree with Bill O'Reilly on more than two points.
    I can't wait to see his 20 minute interview with
    "the anointed one" tomorrow before the super bowl.
    Later lady.......John

    ReplyDelete