Monday, May 9, 2011

Ignorance Is Diss

Good morning/afternoon/evening.
 
While perusing the news today, amid noise by the latest US group, “Deathers” (those who do not believe bin Laden was killed), as well as the international chaos erupting in Cairo between Muslims and Christians, one story leapt from the screen, begging for a few snarky remarks: Donald Trump’s insistence that he isn’t racist despite his racist insinuations over the weeks, and his incredibly dense comment on how he has always enjoyed a decent relationship with “the Blacks.”
 
The Donald’s reasoning for why he isn’t racist is worth a mention because it’s so ludicrous. During an interview on Fox News today, among other cringe-worthy statements, his defense went as follows: "In fact, Randal Pinkett won as you know on 'The Apprentice' a little while ago, a couple of years ago," he said. "And Randall’s been outstanding in every way. So I am the least racist person."
 
Oh wow! Trumpster hired a Black guy for an important job via his TV show! Thank you, masta’, oh thank you, thank you! Now I’m convinced you are a racist!

Trump may not think he is; however, all roads lead from his trout mouth to the attitudes of people who simply do not have a clue how ingrained their prejudice may be. I deem such a mentality to be oblivious “ignorance is diss.”
 
I could go on, but my mother is visiting and is a huge fan of Trump. Pssst. She’s in another room having an early lunch, so I’m slipping my non-happy-with-Trumpster’s-dumpster-nose-dive into racially-charged territory into the flogging woodshed before she returns to look over my shoulder to see what I’m writing, which would only begin an afternoon of fighting.

And yes, even at my age my mother is still looking over my shoulder. She’s nosy like that. Wish I had known about that part of her MO when I was younger and never locked my diary. 
 
Ouch!

2 comments:

  1. Face it. If you disagree with ANYTHING the Obama administration comes up with, or or any of their policies, you are automatically a racist, don't matter who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. If you disagree with anything concerning the Repub's, one is automatically "unpatriotic" and "Liberal" - it always goes both ways.

    ReplyDelete