Friday, May 20, 2011

Capture 'The Rapture'


the-rapture-1
Well, dear readers, due to The Rapture tomorrow, I presume this will be my last post. Will all of us eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we all shall die? Aren’t we fortunate that it’s a Friday? The end of the work week for many coincides with the predicted last full day on earth, providing an additional excuse to blast out of our stuffy attire, professional demeanors, or, for those who work from home, shed our pajamas and jump into our party clothes, go out to clubs and let it rip! Hip-hip hooray! And all of that scat.

Before we are swept away into the heavens or hells (depending on our various fates), I’d like to share a fond look back at The Daily Flog Blog’s finest moments for one last sentimental journey down the uneven road of posts which poured forth from my fingertips over the past six months:

I remember it well – the first line of the first Flog titled Who Are These Beeches? Oh, I'm supposed to be politically correct and not suggest that women, no matter how they behave, "should" not be deemed "beeches."

Classy, eh?

Here is another: The De-Flowering of the Annual Impatience. Let me be very clear – I know the flower is spelled “impatiens.” Allow me to use the opening phrase as the beginning of the absolute cringe I feel every time a U.S. president has used that tired, tune-outing, mind-dumbing preemptive verbal strike, “Let me make myself perfectly clear.”

From Hissy-Glitches: Rather than simply write, “People can be mean and that’s just how it is ” and be done with it, I’m compelled to flog mean and petty people for being what and who they are. Perhaps I’ll be mean along the way, placing myself in the middle of the quicksand one finds one’s self sucked into when sinking to the level of lashing back at people and/or circumstances that have, in one way or another, slapped us in the face.

The End of Gays: Despite flogging the focus on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" vs. pragmatic concerns the U.S. has on its massive China plates, it would be disingenuous of me to ignore the statements, excuses, and recusals of many political and religious leaders who claim that repealing DADT would "ruin" America; that allowing gays to marry would deflate the holiness of heterosexual marriage; accepting homosexuality in any way is a sign of the End of Days. Sounds more like they want an "End of Gays."

Oh, those were the days! I was filled with enormous excitement while creating my first blog ever! But now, because someone somewhere has decided that May 21, 2011, is THE END (a full 6 months to a year earlier than what the Mayan calendar portends), all of my hard work, furrowed writing brow creases, will go into the void along with other works of friction.

So sad.

Or mebe not.

What will we all do if we awake to a regular, "normal" Saturday with the earth’s axis still spinning? Will you be grinning? And will Charlie Sheen still think he is #winning?

I know I’ll be a happy one, for I shall carry on with all of the Flogging topics I’ve promised to continue and complete. That’s right. TDFB will be back although a certain someone might not after his estranged wife learns more and more about possible additional secret love chillen’s, and even more hidden side-piece wimmen’s.

Until the morrow, do not be filled with sorrow. 
Enjoy yourself: Capture Your Rapture.

2 comments:

  1. i hope i wake up to bennies with crab and lobster and mimos's tomorrow. how cool would that be? end of days is a pr hoax, how well it has moved through cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly brilliant you can be almost every day! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete