Friday, December 17, 2010

The End of Gays

Despite flogging the focus on "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" vs. pragmatic concerns the U.S. has on its massive China plates, it would be disingenuous of me to ignore the statements, excuses, and recusals of many political and religious leaders who claim that repealing DADT would "ruin" America; that allowing gays to marry would deflate the holiness of heterosexual marriage; accepting homosexuality in any way is a sign of the End of Days. Sounds more like they want an "End of Gays."


The consistent sanctimonious drivel regarding homosexuality, esp. when it concerns a legal document called "marriage," can be best expressed in a post from a very hetero married "Friend' in my Facebook group. I believe her summation is wonderfully succinct:


Let me get this straight, Larry King is getting his 8th divorce, Elizabeth Taylor is possibly getting married for a 9th time, Britney Spears had a 55 hour marriage, Jesse James and Tiger Woods are screwing EVERYTHING. Yet the idea of same-sex marriage is going to destroy the institution of marriage? Really? Repost to your page if you agree - Proud to support equal rights for ALL.


Need anyone say more? 

3 comments:

  1. So true. Hypocisy and fear are to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Shauna - I am somewhat of a writer - but pale in comparison to you! Thanks for re-posting my post about gay marriage. What is everybody afraid of? Why do they care? How does gay marriage affect them? It's very irritating to me. They claim it's not written in the Bible - well, then write your own people!!!!! The world is changing very rapidly - if we don't keep up, we will all be very hateful - count me out!

    Love You,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious, if the main point wasn't dead-on with the religous "RighT'. Tell them to follow everything in that one paragraph in Leviticus....not wearing wool and cotton together. Next time I know about a woman who's been having sex oustide of marriage, I hope if I set up a group to stone her to death in the middle of town I won't be arrested by the same people who won't let my gay friends have a license to be at the other's beside while they are dying.

    ReplyDelete