Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Remembering John Lennon

Today is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon. Where were you when you heard the news of his death?

I was sitting in bed watching TV when a news flash suddenly interrupted the program with an announcement that he had been shot, and it was feared that he had died. My SO at the time and I sat in true shock at the thought of such a thing happening to a musician, as well as the poignant fact that it was John Lennon - of all people! Within an hour his death was confirmed.

Stunned,  I didn't go to work the next day.

2 comments:

  1. I was 12 and didn't understand why my parents and their friends were crying over some guy they didn't know. We lived in NYC then. My dad went out to stand outside the Dakota with friends. His music was being played all over the radio, many of the songs I'd never heard. Then I began to get it and was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in my car and heard it on the radio. I pulled over and cried. It was a tragic way to die and he didn't deserve it.

    ReplyDelete