Friday, December 31, 2010

To Thine Own Self Be Shhhh


Me and My Big Mouth

Uh oh. Someone's been bad this year...and the year before, and...... But I digress. Yes, the last flog for "Bad" people and places and things of 2010 is All-About-Me. I've taken myself to the woodshed for a good ole' flog for being unable to STFU on the internet regarding foolish things, and in "real life" doing my best to stay off the phone because I'm tired of talking. This past year I've let my fingers do the dirty deed for me and, good grief, do I have a tendency to write the most absurd drivel in the strangest places - such as gossip forums, blogs, and social networking sites. No doubt I've given a few readers a laugh or 50 if they weren't scratching their heads in confusion over why on earth I was writing whatever it was that might come back to bite me in the arse.

I did have a penchant for comedy when I entered this world, and certainly knew how to make people laugh when acting or bored in school, whispering one-liners to nearby classmates, which, of course, made me very popular with my teachers. But lately I've been on a roll of blah-blah-blahing...and thank God I only Tweet for this blog or else I'd be TMI'ing in the same fashion of Ashton and Demi.

Some might say I'm being too hard on myself; people share the oddest details about their lives every day on Facebook and Twitter - and personal blogs. I'm only human and prone to err from time to time, right? All of that is true and I forgive myself for some of the mischief I've created. I do know how to recover from a public embarrassment and carry on. I've been doing it all of my life. When you are constantly on stage in one form or another, there will be times when one bungles their lines or drops a key prop. And I've been out on a public limb one way or another most of my life.

In fact, have I written about the amazing experience I had with...... Shhhhhhhhhhh


(P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!)

3 comments:

  1. I luv it! Happy New year, Shauna! You are an inspiration in the blogosphere. Your humor is so droll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style - you're all right with me.

    Haley G78

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture! It's refreshing when people have a sense of humor about themselves. I think a lot of us write and do stupid things online all the time.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete