Wednesday, November 6, 2013

And So, Here We Are - Again

Corrected for clarity - AGAIN! - 11/18: (Geez!)

Today TDFB is back in semi-biz…at least for a few hours. Believe me, I wasn't over-dramatizing how Intense this time period would be when I wrote THIS in October.

Adding to the "Too Much" were weeks without more than 3-4 hours sleep each night while under enormous pressure and stress (which, of course, is why the sleep pattern un-patterned and fled from all of the chaos in and around me of late). Missing the usual 3-4 more hours of sleep, tend to make one fall prey to Poor Judgment, Irrational Behaviour, when calm is what is needed, rather than a form of hysteria, among other odd feelings and perceptions. Our bodies and minds can only absorb and assimilate important Life Events and Daily Living Responsibilities up to a certain point without sleep and restful-rest before we hit the wall. Such OTT reactions like screaming when frustrated beyond words, are merely a part of Being Human, right?

And, as I am A Human (I think), as well as one of those Sensitive Types who not only feel their own personal pain and confusion in a deeply devastating way, but also feel and/or sense it in others, a prolonged phase of Critical Mass can become Too Much Indeed.

However, here I am. Giving it a try today, if only by writing slightly vague allusions to Something's Going On With This Gurl that's draining the Bee-Hay-Suse out of her. Yep. Drained and exhausted for sure.

Part of the Overload is about Health issues which seem to compound, rather than recede. It's about dealing with Legal Matters. It's about how the Universe decided it was time for me to face various realties that, at the moment, I cannot act on to correct. And, it's also about Other People I care for who are dealing with serious events in their lives which, I have to say, are more than daunting.

"This too shall pass" is true – up to a point. Yet, some things don't heal over time regardless of how many bandages we place over them – or how many tubes of Neosporin we use to treat the wound. Some things will always remain as a scar that has healed on the surface, but not 100% internally. Thus, when attempting to make Major Life Changes of any sort, we are seemingly tested by The Force's That Be as if we had been stuffing our closet with Unfinished Business for years and the Universe, that trickster, runs into your space, flings open the Closet Door, and everything you didn't want to deal with explodes outward as if flung by an arrow, directly at your face.

The old bandage is ripped off, and the wound begins to leak. Ultimately, these Strange/Unfortunate Happenings often lead to improvements. But first, things can be messy when clearing-up our Ignored/In Denial Messes. It ain't pretty.

I will "share" one event to make my point (whatever it is): On Monday I was literally pushed in the face when searching for an item inside an Armoire. On a shelf above where I was searching, sat an older model Flat Screen TV = heavy. For some reason (maybe it sensed I didn't like it) the bulky thing mysteriously slid from its perch to land on my head which thrust my face into the rim of a lower shelf inside the Armoire, fracturing my nose. Yikes!  And off to the doctor went I. And on the floor, upside down, lay the now-broken abuser.

It's not so bad right now…it could have been far worse. In fact, during the impact my upper lip was also involved, thus, for the moment, I have a really nice-looking Full Upper Lip. Miz Jolie may now step aside. I'll know exactly how minor (or not) the fracture is when I see a new ENT doctor in a few days (after the swelling ends) to evaluate the damage. Nevertheless, to have that unfortunate accident in the midst of so many other Stressful or Sads-Inducing situations was quite a test of will to not scream at The Gods!

The good news is that out of that event will come a New TV! Something I have been wanting to buy for months. But Geez! I do wish I didn't need to be literally Hit On The Head to wake-up. Lucky for me I was born with a very strong skull and a nose that will probably heal right back to how it looked. If not, as a friend said, "Well, if you had ever wanted a nose job, now's your chance." Well, no, I never did want one and I hope I won't have to.

So there you have a portion of how things have been unfolding. That's it. No other news to impart beyond Me-Me-Me…although I am happy that several Democrats were elected to High Positions in several U.S. states yesterday.

Until next time, have a great morning/noon/evening/dead-of-night/dawn!

Image via: http://www.fotosearch.com

2 comments:

  1. applauset in total.

    feel better real soon

    3rd hidden fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HF. It's almost comical.

    ReplyDelete