Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Muddled State of Ennui

Today is a sun-shiny day in L.A. Yet, within the walls of the abode I'm in rests a mild foggy cloud of  Doom & Gloom, with a touch of Self-Pity on the side. I thought I was feeling reasonably okay a short while ago until I read an article concerning Negativity within one's self and – Bam! – I began to feel really negative about everything.

Hah! Am I susceptible to outside influences or what? Yes. I guess I need to "work" on that so that I may chase The Blues away to enjoy what remains of the day.

Anyhow, I need to pull three thousand things together today while dragging my Doom & Gloom Self around the house to handle a plethora of details to be dealt with before The Evening Arrives and with it several of my fav TV programs. Maybe then The Sads will become distracted and, once fully nourished through entertainment, will float off on that foggy cloud that swept into my Body Parts earlier.

It should be easy to kiss them goodbye as one of the shows I'll be watching is Homeland, and, if you too are following this seasons' plotline, you know the condition Carrie is in, which, though I don't like seeing other people or basic "characters" flip-out, is certainly a reminder to me to take my meds. After watching her spiral, bounce-back, then spiral once again, my Pity Party could be kicked-out the door in relief that I'm not Claire Danes' emotionally tortured character.

And, with all of the above "said", I'll now quietly exit Stage Right.

See you later!

Image via: http://static.oprah.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi SZ! You're doing fine in my old book of who can be brave enuff to tell their truth no matter what.

    Be real KIND to yourself!

    xx

    P

    ReplyDelete