Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Weekly Fluff

In Prep Mode for today's Fluffy News, I spent a very long time scrolling through a picture gallery of celebrities who, the headline tells us, have "Lost Their Mojo" due to weight gain, aging, drugs, or all of the above. With a few exceptions, the examples were questionable and I finished the 97 picture spread glad that I don't have the world dissecting my wrinkles pixel-by-pixel.

First off, Cher IS aging and, yes, doesn't look the same as she did years ago. Gee whiz, people, give her a break! She has wrinkles on her face! Wow! What a shock now that she's 66 years "old." And Faye Dunaway? At 69? Well, she looks what I gather we're supposed to deem "her age" with the tiny crinkly wrinkles that have invaded her once-smooth skin. So what? She hasn't had "work" done from what I can see, and, if so at one time, has stopped doing it. That's her choice. She's not doing the Jane Fonda Walk of I'm Still Sexy at 70+. She is quietly going about her life and obviously feels no need to plump herself up. So, why place her face on display because she has wrinkles? I saw her at an event a few years ago. Despite the aging, I thought she still looked quite sexy.

What I find sad about the entire spread is how our obsession with Pop Culture must always find victims to view, review, skew and eschew because someone(s) decided that they are no longer sexy and, as all of us, are growing older each day. Yes, a few celebs look incredible – with or without a few nips and tucks and injections – while others do not. Good for them! Great genes, a  "healthy" lifestyle devoid of substance and food abuse.

Yes, seeing pictures of what those "bad" choices can do to a face and/or body is a good reminder of why not over-doing anything will save one from being in a slideshow like the one I saw way too early in the morning to bode well for a non-nightmare-laden sleep tonight.

However, I felt a bit sleazy peeping in on that slideshow because I am the biggest critic of myself now that time has finally caught up with my once-smooth face, and I complain all the time about how I don't want to go out to major events and parties these days until I can afford to have some "work done." Based on my own perception of how I "should" look, I fall very short of my standards. Now I fully understand why Marlene Dietrich eventually because a Full-On Recluse in her later years because she didn't want anyone to see how she had aged. Vanity always wins out with some of us while we watch the world go by.

With that confession-of-sorts, I'll now contradict almost everything I have written thus far by suggesting that the omission of Brad Pitt from the list is curious, as of all of Hollywood's "Pretty Boys" he has become one Sad Looking Homeless Guy on almost every level. Those chains around his neck! The constant dirty baggy jeans/slacks/onesies. Greasy real hair and botched hair plugs. Yuck! And yet Matt Damon, who has simply grown some grey hair and wears glasses more often than not, was in the slideshow because someone decided he is looking too "fatherly." Pleeze! He showers! He wears clean clothes!

Oh well. It's all subjective, isn't it? Now, let's get down to Biz on what's up around the Rich & Infamous these days:

Seems like Jay-Z and BeyoncĂ© like Cuba and Cuba likes them. On their 5th Wedding Anniversary Tour, BeyoncĂ© decided to dress like a cross between Carmen Miranda and a Motown 1960's Backup Singer with some kind of nest placed on the top of her head to coordinate with her new dark hair. The Nest and her Vest toured part of the Forbidden Island with papped strolls showing Jay-Z (The Vest) holding, of course, a Cuban Cigar! Oh, you guys are just too cool – not – according to the plethora of negative Twittering's about why THEY could go to Cuba and most Regular Americans can't! How dare they, many wondered. I say, who cares? What's in Cuba other than cigars, rum and Cuban Food? Publicity, perhaps?

Halle Berry is with child. You knew that, right? How could you miss the news? It's EVERYWHERE!!!

Jessica Simpson remains pregnant, which is nothing new. (Yes, that's all I'm going to say about that mess.)

Tom Cruise is aging. Oh, whoops. Have I become one of THOSE people?

Now that I realize I have been infected with the spirit of The Slideshow, I need to stop writing about people's appearances because my list could go on for a very long time and it wouldn't be fair to my wrinkles, cuz, you know, we're supposed to love our wrinkles and sagging boobies and accept ourselves as we are INSIDE. Consequently, I feel a pull toward an Internal Therapy Session this afternoon.

But, before I leave, did you see all those bruises on Lindsay Low-Hand's legs in her strange photo-shoot at the beach in Brazil last week? That gurl is jus' cruisin' for a bruisin', it seems. Tsk and WTF were any of the people involved thinking? $$$, ya' think? And she gets to frolic as a free-bird again in a few weeks at Coachella before some unlucky Rehab or Prison facility opens their doors to A Stumbling Hazmat Emergency.

See you later!

Image via: http://kittyblisspetservices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment