Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Drivel

It's Earth Day! Saturday was 4/20 Day (aka Marijuana Day)! Sunday was the Kurd's celebration of Newroz (primarily a way for the Kurds and others in the region to jump up and down in joy for being released by a "tyrant" in the days of yore). Today is also the one-week "anniversary " of the Boston Bombings, lest we forget while the world churns onward with other news and the belated media Mea Culpa over not providing enough coverage to the explosions at an unregulated fertilizer company in Texas which killed 14 people and harmed hundreds while wiping-out a town.

Speaking/writing of "wiping-out", today also brings news that Reese Witherspoon and her husband were more than a tad buzzed while driving in a weaving manner on a highway in Georgia within the past 48+ hours, causing a DUI arrest for her husband as well as a temporary hand-cuffing and arrest for Reese when she chose to be less-than-charming to the patrolman while she watched her husband undergoing his Not Sober Sobriety Wobbly Walk Of Moonshine Shame.

According to the officer who arrested both, Mizzy Witherspoon was being "disorderly" enough to piss-off the patrolman who, we have been told, wasn't impressed with whoever she is and hauled her off for one of those pretty "I'm ashamed" Mug Shots which are now flying all over the I-Nets. Oh well. No one is perfect, and Reese's PR Peeps are quickly floating Damage Control on the story that Witherspoon pulled the classic "Do you know who I am" bark by denying that she ever said such a thing. Who to believe? The officer who pulled a drunken driver off the road or an actress who – until now – has had a rather "sweet" reputation in the General Public's Eyes. Hmmm?

Do you actually care about the above story? I don't beyond the drinking and driving element, but hey, it's one of the Very First Slow News Days we've had in a week, so….

Is there anything I can impart that no one is reporting that may have an impact on our lives in a substantial way? Good question. I'm sure there are countless tidbits to be unearthed, but I'm hungry and still recuperating from my non-vacation. I think I'll have some pasta, ensuring that I won't offend the delicate ear-sensibilities of the One And Only Goopy Pale-Toes who just cah'nt stand the way in which the Brits pronounce pasta as PASS-TA! Yet another example of why most of us hold our ears when her faux British accent becomes as overbearing as she has become.

Oh tsk. There I go again being snarky.

But then again, according to one of America's Latest GOP Idiots, I'm just a "vagina" and, of course, have nothing else but drivel to add to society – unlike what I gather he thinks of all of The Penis' out there.

Image via: I don't remember.

2 comments:

  1. Erick V. Mophead here to tell you how fucking amazing your blog is with your wry nod toward absurdities in cultural areas. You get it. Your choice of art makes me happy too. I am sharing this blog to friends who are functioning on your level. We can laff on that one if you know what I mean. LMFAO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mophead! (Great name - Hah!)

    ReplyDelete