Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Here Comes the Sun - Eeek!

Good morning from another part of California! I'm on a semi-vacation, which means not a REAL vacay, but close. Have both Biz And Personal things going on to handle while away from the misty mornings in them there Hollywood Hills. I've traded the mist for intrusive sun streaming into the house I'm visiting (as if one can actually "visit" a "house" rather than a person). The sun is way too chirpy for me in the mornings, as, naturally, I adore moody environments because I am moody and like my weather to reflect my moodiness. Now that I'm where the Sun Shines Really Bright perhaps I'll set aside the Flogging Whip for a few days and write cheerful, bright-like things. Or not. We shall see, won't we?

But wait! How can one be all cheery and everything when The Light shines so bright that it becomes A Call To Action on cleaning-up all of the flaws the sun is tossing on almost everything I brought with me, as well as ME? Good grief! After unpacking and hanging-up various items of clothing, I could suddenly see that a sweater jacket I thought was Just Fine needs to see a Pro Cleaner Of Clothes ASAP! How could this be? It looked clean in my dark closet - even when I turned on the closet lights. Have I been living in the dark too long? Should I simply put my shades back on and ignore the obvious blemishes of neglect?

How easy it is to live in darkness. How daunting to suddenly See The Light and all that requires fixing. So much for the idea of taking it somewhat "easy" for a week now that reality is calling for a review. I have some cleanin' up to do. And I know you needed to read about this amazing fact which is why I'm writing about it. C'mon, admit it! You like to know that it's not only you who finds Reality Rather Shocking. 

Why am I not writing about the Latest BS going on in Washington now that Mitch McConnell is freaking-out over the leak of his plan to make Ashley Judd look worse than Amanda Bynes (the New Lindsay Low-Hand Of Cracked-Out Crazy) when rumours of a potential Judd run for his Senate Seat were circulating (she isn't gonna do it in case you missed that news), or snarking on Obama's seemingly endless flirtation with cutting elements of Social Security, etc. to "appease Republicans"? Or not writing about the supposed "deal" both Dem's and the GOP have made today to go forward with serious (hah!) debates over Background Checks for gun buyers and nothing else in terms of Gun Control?

Why? Why? Why?

Because, from my point of view, none of those examples have anything to do with Reality and I'm not wearing my shades today.

See? I am somewhat chirpy. Horrors! Too much sun. Yep. That's it. Lucky for me that the weather forecast for where I am includes an overcast and possibly mild precipitating weekend.

Whew! 

Image via: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shauna. Have a nice break while you can. Flaws are for Humans. Not you. LOL!

    xx

    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. P - I am an Vampire. Hah! Nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete