Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Who Deserves a Flog Today?

Last night, during President Obama's State of the Union speech, one could not ignore the Sour Grapes Face on House Majority Leader John Boehner's Orange Face. No one expects the Opposition Party's representative of any party to jump up clapping whenever the president declares something inspirational or reasonable, while the VP always does and the Party In Ultimate Power rises from their seats in thunderous applause. However, last night Boehner outdid all previous modern-day House Leaders by showing everyone one more time how cold, immature, and classless this group of The Opposition (currently the GOP) is, has been, and will, apparently, continue to be. He did not have the Moral Decency to stand up to applaud a 102-year-old infirm woman who waited for hours to vote last fall. Of course, because she is African-American, Boehner just sat like a melting lump of wax at a low-rent version of Madame Tussaud's, as it was assumed that she waited so long just to vote for Obama. Therefore, Boehner dare not set a dignified tone by honoring the ultimate point in Obama's speech where he referred to the Right for Anyone in Any Political Party to be able to vote. You know, something that is All-American? Human? I mean, living to 102 is enough of an accomplishment to afford applause - period.

The disdain I have for people who feel so smug; act extremely bitter, and lie about almost everything just to regain power in Washington has been vindicated: I'd like to punch the point home, and so will write/say it again – in another way. I do not see "gentlemen" in the GOP these days. I see almost nothing but pinched faces; hear almost nothing but extraordinarily "stupid" remarks about rape; abortions; obvious climate change… But, most of all, I am embarrassed as an American to have clueless, spineless, callous, people like John Boehner be a partial example of what politics in this country has slithered into. I repeat myself on this issue many times. I'll continue when I see such a defiant lack of grace from a Public Figure as I did watching Boehner sit on his hands and arse over issues which should transcend all political concerns.

And some people wonder why people like me are so disgusted by the GOP.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment