Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Isn't This Picture Just Darling?

How should I begin? Would it be redundant to join an Increasingly Loud Chorus of WE NEED GUN CONTROL NOW? I don't care if I repeat myself on this issue, as many might have noticed of late.

I will happily yell through my Writing Machine because I am DONE with the Wild West mentality of those who still believe many of us want to shred the 2nd Amendment.

AND, people like me continue to honestly say it's OK to have guns if you're not carrying an AK-Whatever to potentially blow people away during The Apocalypse. But, too many gun owners aren't listening. All they "hear" about the issue of Gun Control is that the U.S. has a president who wants to take away their toys/protection. I call Full-On BS on that way of thinking.

Every single effing morning someone is shooting kids at a school, or another gunman is dashing around on a Killing Spree. Another one (spree) has happened in CA this morning. (Read This). And I'm SICK OF IT! Aren't you? If not, then you're one sick puppy and I'd like you to leave my blog ASAP, thank you very much.

Guns, guns, guns. Kill, maim, kill. The Easy Way Out for crazed cowards who have access to one of the deadliest weapons made by Humans wherein sections of our government refuse to accept Mass Reality and get to work on taking action to, at the very least, insist on Background Checks. A simple request from the People Of America to their representatives in Washington. But no. Most are too busy screaming "Benghazi" and hassling Chuck Hagel's confirmation for Secretary of Defense out of sheer pettiness because many GOPer's don't like him. I mean, who would in the GOP when he was one of the first Top Level people in our government to oppose going to an unnecessary war in Iraq.

Therefore, while Washington continues to throw tomatoes at Obama, et al, more people than ever in America are buying guns – and not always a sweet little hunting rifle or basic pistol.

It's clear that just writing and yelling about an issue won't change the underlying causes for violence. We all know that having a gun in America is a Right – as it "should" be. But owning a deadly weapon and using it to kill innocent people for any reason whatsoever is NOT a "Right" and is Simply Terribly Wrong!

I'm venting. Not marching around holding signs. Maybe you want to vicariously vent, too. Or, perhaps you want to shoot me for wanting sanity instead of insanity in relation to Responsible Gun Ownership and use. If so, you are still a sick puppy and you should have stopped reading this post several paragraphs above.

However, I have a better idea if you're still with me: put that gun down. Keep it locked. Use your head, not a piece of lead.

To those who agree, thanks for taking the time to read my latest gun quasi-rant.

Image via: http://www.8balls.com.br

2 comments: