Monday, February 4, 2013

A Very Few Words Just Cuz'

Beyoncé, Beyoncé, Ravens, Beyoncé, 49'ers, Beyoncé. That sums-up The Buzz following yesterday's Big Party – along with something about a power outage and a too-late SF 49'er's surge toward finally scoring points toward winning The Game – which, of course, they didn't. But, they tried. Even a non-football fan could see their efforts. Kudos to them, and to The Ravens. But they don't need applause from me as Baltimore fans are waiting to shower them with all kinds of love and confetti.

The Much Anticipated Commercials had their moments as well, leaving people-with-a-tendency-to-weep over sentimentality, weeping. Others? Not so bad. But Scientology? An 8 Million $$$ ad? I thought "church's" with Tax Exempt Status couldn't do that sort of thing. However, other than the Brainwashed Followers of the "church" I truly wonder if anyone considering a Major Life Change would have been hooting and swigging libations in front of flat-screen TV's watching football with friends or strangers or both. It's usually The Lost Ones who flock to the crock of CO$. You know what I mean. Someone without a Flat Screen TV or friends. Nope, wrong crowd, CO$.

And that's all I care to write about the Super Bowl this morning. Everyone else is covering it from all possible angles, so I feel no need to follow them, or add to the noise. If you want more info, I'm sure you'll find it quite easily.

So, on that pithy note, I once again bid you all a temporary farewell for the day. After all, it's Monday, which means almost nothing to me other than an excuse to almost take the day off.

See you tomorrow!

Image via: http://www.rollingstone.com (Getty)

No comments:

Post a Comment