Monday, February 11, 2013

Another Day The Music Died

(Corrected Version)

The Grammy Awards are over! Finally! Thank God. Hal-lay-lew-yah! Has anyone ever watched such a terrible, boring, musically challenged Grammy Show like the Sleepfest Of Last Night? Oh sure, people were dancing and clapping at times out there in The Audience – just ask Taylor Swift who appeared to love every tune every person sang with the exception of Carrie Underwood's and Kelly Clarkson's performances. Wonder why that is? Anyway…

Now that perhaps 95% of the performances were so dull, repetitive and, in an odd way, often similar in tone, it makes complete sense that Pope Benedict XVI With The Scary Dark Eyes has decided to leave his pedestal, sparkly Wizard of Oz shoes, bejeweled cape and crown ASAP. He just can't take it anymore! Modern Society/Culture!

Oy! It's too much for a poor old fellow to handle when he'd rather hear the haunting bells of The Vatican for 24 hours straight than watch Justin Timberlake try to make a song out of a one-note piece of music crap. (Sorry, Justin. Your outfit was spiffy – your song was not. And it went on WAY too long.) Or maybe The Pope decided that after all of his 80+ years he actually wants to be with a woman in the "Biblical Sense" after seeing Jennifer Lopez's Half-Torn Nun's 'Dress' that came with one bare leg and arm. Ummm. Yummy, eh? Or, just BLAH? Whatever, I hope the Pope finds happiness now that he won't need to dress like a Drag Queen In Pixie-Land anymore. Should he hook up with Mizzy Lopez, I'm sure she'll help him find just the right Transition Clothing to a partially civilian (aka Catholic Captive) life.

Uh oh! Did I do a "blasphemy' in the above suggestions? If so, what should I do? I'm not Catholic, so I can't go to Confession and whisper my sins through a creepy little caged window to a man who probably has no experience whatsoever with Real Life. Tsk. My Anti-Catholic Bias is showing.

So back we go to the awards program of last night. Where to begin? The Clothes, of course. Or, truthfully, to several of the Red Carpet Interviewers whose first question to both women AND MEN was the now-nauseatingly almost canned, "Who are you wearing?" The men/dudes/guys in dark slick tuxes were almost all on the same designer's page. Who would you expect these days? It's Tom Ford, of course, with the odd YSL answers along with a few Unknown Designers. Yes, it's Tom Ford Whose Time Has Really-Really Come, as increasingly over the years his Tux Cuts are worn by most of the men at almost all of the awards. It was once Armani, but someone finally discovered that his fabrics aren't as seamless and soft-to-the-touch or as flattering as they once were (or seemed to be). My, my. Is it "The End" of a Fashion Icon's era? Let's wait for The Oscars on the 24th to confirm or disprove my observation.

Should I be wrong, I will not promise to do anything unusual, such as eating one of my hats, or running nude through The Grove during High Tourist Season (as in NOW). I'll admit my ignorance. Simple.

However, other than the Tux Attire on most of the men, there were others who chose to do the "I'm A Hipster Gangsta" kind of image complete with the dark shades and hats with a Basic Suit Jacket inundated with a few heavy chains flopping from around their necks to add that classy touch of a thug. But hey! Fashion was happenin' with those guys in some form, right? And, who can top Prince for finding the coolest sparkly hoodie West Of Minneapolis in combo with Big Shades for his Supposed-To-Be-Princely Stage Entrance – both of which he took off/tossed-off within seconds to remind us all that he IS indeed a Vampire Who Never Ages! What is this guy's secret? Has to be more than great genes and doesn't look like cosmetic surgery, either.

Whoa. How did I start writing about Men's Grammy Fashion when all I wanted to say is that I thought the show was an Ambien in disguise?

Oh, I could go on and on…

But I won't. Have to prep my mind to shift gears from one form of entertainment to another, for Tomorrow Night is Barack Obama's State Of The Union speech! It never ends over here with the celebrations, does it? Didn't we just have Other Award Shows with Big Stars; a Super Bowl with Big Stars; a Presidential Inauguration with Big Stars? And we haven't had The Biggest American Entertainment Big Stars Awards yet – the Academy Awards!

A busy one and-a-half months into the year, wouldn't you say? What-Oh-What are we all going to do when The Season is over? Well, next month is my birthday… Mebe this year I'll turn it into a National Holiday! Why not? My mother does and always has for hers; however, she was born on The 4th Of July! And yes, the fireworks are for her!

See you later!

Image via: http://socialitelife.com

2 comments:

  1. Another amusing spot on post.

    Hoped the show would have been better. What was Adele yelling at Chris Brown about? Miguel did not stand up for Frank Ocean either. Not a Brown fan, not an Ocean fan, not aware of Miguel.

    Brown's a shit, and Rihanna is dickmatized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - First, at this point I should begin to provide all of you "Anon's" with a number so that I know to whom I am responding. Huff-huff. J/K.

    Yep. R seems to be seriously glazed about that guy. To me, he looked more than a wee bit uptight in that venue. Wonder why?

    Thanks for the note.

    ReplyDelete