Thursday, July 5, 2012

Extreme Baby-Making

Hello there. To those who celebrated Independence Day with picnics, BBQ's, fireworks and libations yesterday, how are you today? Back at work? At home resting? Recuperating from too much of this and too much of that? Or, were you a Good, Clean, Sober Citizen?

Me? I'm fine. I wasn't what one would deem to have been the most "sober" of all citizens, however I did have fun with friends while celebrating my mother's birthday. I awoke this morning not worse for wear, as "they" say, but my mind is beginning to twirl a bit as I roam around the Web for news that's not fit to print, discovering, once more, that Hollywood most definitely is responsible for an overpopulation explosion as yet more babies are curling up in pretty women's wombs.

I mean, STOP IT!!!! Now Claire Danes is preggers, as is Camila Alves, Matthew McConaughey's new bride and already the mother of their first child. Geez. I thought Jessica Simpson and Beyonce' had that covered for everyone - for now. As I wrote some time ago, everyone should have the option to bring children into the world, but doesn't it seem to you as if every other woman in Hollywood (or parts nearby) are becoming baby-making machines?

Every week someone in the paparazzi's garish glare is preggers! It can't be just me noticing this trend, right?

The world is very strange these days. You know, the odd weather, the continuing wars, economic downturns all over the planet, etc. Why would anyone want to bring an innocent soul into this mess? Apologies to anyone reading who is pregnant, as well as to my friends who also are adding to the population. I do understand having children is a life-changing event for many, and who am I, not a parent, to send the Flogging Whip flailing in the direction of strangers who are popping out all over?

What can I say/write? I simply find the constant breeding quite alarming when so many babies are already in this world without parents or anyone to love and take care of them. So, yes, I'm an "adoption" proponent in both the human and animal kingdoms.

Oh well. At least the seeming Celebrity Baby Boom will ensure a good-looking populace in the future. Or so one would think. Not all Pretty People make Pretty Babies/Children.... I won't use examples. Your mind can dig up visuals of specific Celeb Kids who may need some help in the "looks" department.

So, what's my point other than dissing Baby-Making? I'm certainly not among the group bashing the use of "Vagina" or bitching about Contraception for political or supposedly Moral Purposes. It's simple, really. I see nothing else in the news that is somewhat light-hearted to wrap my fuzzy brain around while on a semi-vacation.

I would also like to think that in writing about overpopulation in a non-clinical, statistic-filled rant, it may sway at least one or two people who may not be the best parenting material to think before they dink, as it were/was/always will be.

On that note, I will take my leave for the day...ducking all the way. But, if you don't like what I'm suggesting and feel a need to throw things at me, please throw shoes...and make sure they're Prada, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment