Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another Day In Techie Hell

Hello there (she wrote with clenched teeth). The Flogging Whip isn't in a good mood. Today and tomorrow will be brief with written posts and no visuals or videos until my main laptop goes to the doctor for a check-up and a possible major operation. My newish computer decided to shut off the keyboard and part of the Touchpad, which means I can't WRITE anything or move pages up or down without an external mouse...something I don't use.

In addition, the supposedly great Mac I'm now using isn't cooperating with visuals, and no one can explain why. Grrrr.

Yep. Another techie thingy problem. And I thought all was going along so well. On Friday evening I turned off the computer and noted how fast it was working - far faster than usual. I felt happy. All of the cleaning and clearing I do every day on cookies and clearing browsing history and regular driver updating, etc. seemed to be doing their jobs.

And then Today Happened! Keyboard disabled or broken somehow? What mischief happened overnight when the computer was not only sleeping but shut down? It's akin to going to bed feeling quite fine only to awake the next morning with a sore throat and congestion. I've never understood that one.

Anyhow, I'm on a backup computer for the moment, but am a bit thrown by the discovery of the malfunction of my primary tool, so I'm planning a major research day on what I might be able to do to fix the problem before I take it elsewhere for diagnosis.

Wish me luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment