Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Room With No View

Yesterday was a bit busy. Went to the doctor for a follow-up on the pinched nerve situation and ended-up spending the day in the ER at Cedars Sinai hospital. My doctor sent me there post haste. I have a blood clot in my leg from complications associated with the nerve... 

Being out and about was almost like a mini vacation. I was away from the house, hanging-out with a lot of different people in a busy place, and was given a keen room of my own while on an opiate IV drip. In fact, all is going so well with the recovery that the doctors almost wanted me to spend the night.

Meanwhile, did you see/watch/hear/feel the Emmy's the other night? I thought they sucked with the exception of the wonderful Canadian Tenors. Jane Lynch did a nice job hosting the program in the midst of some of the worst writing ever done for a televised award show - in my opinion, of course, along with what I dare to suggest may be one of the dullest collections of actors and actresses gathered together in one room in this flashy little big town of egos and Speedos.

Did anyone see President Obama's latest edict to the GOP concerning something important about jobs or taxes yesterday? I heard a few rumblings about whatever it was. Let me know if you did. I need to catch up on current events.

Will write more later. Til then, remember to always let them see you sweat.

Or something like that.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness dear Shauna!! Did they put a stent in your leg, to open up the artery where the clot was? They put one in my leg years ago, and I haven't had any problems since. Luv ya...John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself Shauna. Blood clots, OMG. Scary stuff to deal with no matter what else your body is telling you.

    Love you!

    Joanne & Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all... And to Hercules a big grin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mama! Im so sorry you had to go through that!

    Sending good energy. Nope...on the rumblings...but all thats coming out of DC is just about that- rumble with no swag.

    jrn

    ReplyDelete