Friday, September 16, 2011

Sy-At-Ick-Ahh Blues

What a week - or two! While I've been in the land of Crutching, the world has continued to turn. The problem is, I'm just now beginning to turn with it as the recovery is a slow and irritable process when the Sciatic nerve decides to become inflamed and has chosen an out-of-place section of my lower spine to rub against it to no one's delight but a sadistic gene that wanders around my body every few years to locate the latest focus of attack!

A few readers have sent personal emails sharing their own stories with a Sciatica problem...and, I have to say it's a sorry story, that.

If you aren't aware of how important the Sciatic nerve is to the overall health of one's body, you will surely find out if you have a pinched Sciatic nerve. As written earlier in the week, a pinched nerve of this kind feels like a raw broken bone and requires many different healing options that/which can take weeks or even months of constant pain unlike anything most have experienced prior to full recovery.

The Sciatic nerve RULES the lower portion of one's body, as well as the entire spine...especially the Lumbar region. It's not a little nerve to coddle when upset; it is a one inch thick nerve that runs the nerve family like Don Corleone ruled his extended family to kill anyone who betrayed them.

You don't mess with the Sciatic nerve unless you want to feel like dying every day.

When the Big Bad Nerve is unhappy, it makes sure your thighs, knees, and so on go into their own spasms and accentuates the discomfort.

I am doing everything I can to make the troublesome nerve know how much respect I have for its power over normal functioning in life. If one's hip/lower back is off, so goes almost everything attached to it - like a full leg. Mine is wonderfully achy and swollen. My only hope is that it will take kindly to my pleas and return my leg's walking function to me post haste.

It is very possibly boring as hell to check in to this blog each day of late only to hear me bitch on and on about this ailment. Well, I have no excuses other than the fact that I have a "Daily" blog and allow flogging on any subject to be posted. This week it's all about the flipped-out nerve of my body to choose this time to fall apart.

Drat! As a major "foodie" I was to have attended several  "sustainable" food events beginning with last night through Sunday in Santa Monica where several of LA's top chef's will be appearing to cook and discuss the new food movement that is gaining momentum across the country.

But no, yells my pissed-off nerve. You are to stay home and spend yet another weekend watching very bad movies while all of your friends have tasty moments as well as a grand dinner in a few hours at the Annenberg estate.

At least I have a delivery service to make my weekend somewhat "foodie" inspired. There's nothing like a faux crab cake to take the place of the real thing, eh?

If this post doesn't make a great deal of sense and is lacking anything of interest to you, all I can write is that I'm continuing to fall into the WUI (Walking Under the Influence) cycle for yet another day.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you're at least able to write again dear Shauna. You have been sadly missed. :( John

    ReplyDelete