Monday, January 17, 2011

No Respect for the Beck

OMG, it’s Monday! Not only that, it’s a holiday…Martin Luther King Jr.’s Day. I’m running late on writing after having fallen asleep early last night after watching the Golden Globes and remaining awake for almost 48 hours straight, obsessed with building the new website I mentioned earlier. Now that I’ve caught up on the “Beauty” sleep (tell that part to my mirror which almost cracked this morning), it’s time to get flogging.

Perusing the day’s news, I stumbled on a tiny blurb which has now become a fairly large burp on the national stage: Fox News’ latest attempt to ruin yet another positive moment in America’s history by allowing their in-house clown, Glenn Beck, to deliver their own version of MLK’s “I Have a Dream” speech with a rebuttal titled, "I Have a Feverish Nightmare.” One portion of this delightful “rebuttal” declares, "I have a dream that one day every American will be armed to the teeth in his or her own personal bunker, with piles of gold bullion and enough ammo to last until Rapture."

Is this a joke or is Fox “News” blowing more smoke up everyone’s arses? Oh spare me. I won’t be watching that one today as I prefer to avoid an acceleration of blood pressure via either feeling too much ire or through laughing way too hard. I’ll let my usual pundits and Jon Stewart tell me how it went so that I don’t need to reach my own conclusions.

I’ll be back later today….

No comments:

Post a Comment