Saturday, August 10, 2013

Waste a Little Time with Me

Saturday mornings, when the sun has yet to slip through a foggy, cloud-soggy Marine Layer (West Coast Speak by Weather People for what is, essentially, an "overcast condition" in the atmosphere) challenges anyone without a schedule in place to get on with the day beyond lulling-about in Lazy-Land.

How cozy and warm it is to stay in bed, true?

How much better if you must get up 5 days a week to slog into an office where you aren't happy, to remain in bed longer than usual in the Quiet Glee Of Freedom on Weekends? The relieved, exciting realization that "I don't have to go to work today" feeling. Ah, I remember it well. Sorta. As it has been more often than not, I've worked on weekends one way or another in most of my odd careers/jobs. One year I don't think there were more than 5 weekends wherein I wasn't slaving-away on a pressured deadline during the audiobook editing/abridging/producing time period.

Nevertheless, now that I work exclusively from home – and have for over 11 years – one would think that Saturday would feel just like every other day of the week since I do have a daily blog that requires attention; thus "working" 7 days a week in my own way, with the inevitable breaks here and there – forced or willingly. But No! I too feel the Difference Of Weekend Energy which can tempt the half-lidded, half-awake Automaton/Me to follow the desire to Do Nothing but relish the view of gorgeous trees outside my Back Room Haven.

So, at a loss for how to proceed with TDFB today, I consulted my Trusty Long-Suffering Higher Self Person Angel Guardian for feedback via a little Witchy Woman kind of device that informed me that if I wanted to carry on today, I would need to "stir" myself "up." That's right. Stir myself into some kind of Flogging Frenzy or just a few little stirrings to actually make it to the laptop to hit the keys and make words appear?

However stirred but not shaken, here I am, then. All "stirred-up" enough to tell you all how much I didn't feel like writing today and, instead, am far more inclined to post interesting or strange images of art and some music videos I would never, ever listen to if it weren't for how well a few of them work with the written content. And so I shall stop writing and begin playing.

As "they" say about writing: write something every day. And I've done it again! I've written something.

Have a Great Weekend Day/Night/Dawn!

Image via: http://www.telegraph.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment