Thursday, August 15, 2013

Get Ready for Your Close-Up

While we wring our hands, clutch our pearls, rant at others, howl at the moon, look the Other Way, or carry on in blissful Personal Bubbles, over Alarming Headlines regarding almost anything connected to Our Current Way Of Life anywhere on the planet where technology in the home exists, TDFB (me) will provide its (my) "take" on the Latest Way To Create Paranoid People, which will produce at least one or another of the reactions-actions mentioned above. Read THIS for specific details.

Should you bypass the link, the Cliff Notes Version of the "story" is how New Tech Devices in our homes can spy on us; thus, how anyone with New TV's and/or cable boxes, cell phones, computers and – yes – even Coffee Makers, could be at the mercy of Big Sister (who is nosier than Big Brother) far more than NSA's interference.

One of the mentioned drawbacks to such devious spying involves – what else? – sex! Yes, sex. That thing people do in front of TV's and on kitchen counters near the coffee pot. Who would/will be/is watching, one may wonder. It would help to know which device provides the more liberal-minded Watchers rather than Repressed Prudes who will judge, and then run home to a spouse to "experiment." Who wants to be put on display like that? (Narcissist's and Exhibitionist's need not answer.)

As I wave "Hello" to the webcam in my laptop, I doubt that anyone is watching me – at the moment. For now I'm just practicing my moves for when it happens. Should I begin to dress up a bit more when I write? No more inside-out-on-purpose Tees? Take off my Jammy Bottoms first thing in the morning to change into Less Personal Attire? Should I wear pearls just so I may clutch them in angst?

Or, if knowing that A Watcher was a Southern Baptist GOPer who hates people like me, I might want to run out and buy all of the most frightening S&M Gear one could imagine, invite a few willing actor-type friends to join me and The Flogging Whip in a Dance Of Debauchery in front of my computer. Why not? My actress past is still within me. If someone is going to watch a "show" I'm in, then I plan to be well-rehearsed and properly dressed for the part.

Everyone Get Ready! Your Very Own Reality Show is on its way (if not being seen in someone's Basement-based Spy Office right now)!

Breathe deep.

Image via: Many Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment