Thursday, September 26, 2013

Who Deserves a Flog Today?

While I was watching dead tree limbs fly by my window this morning in another round of very gusty winds, The Flogging Whip peered over my shoulder, flapped a few lashes at my Typing Fingers, and pointed me in the direction of recent posts to review. As usual, the Horror of finding more errors of the Writing Kind has sent me back to The Chicago Manual of Style, as well as into The Woodshed again!

"WTF is up with me?" I asked mine Self with an attempt at kindness cuz we're not "supposed" to put put ourselves "down" if we are to Find Happiness. 

Very well, then, I won't Be Happy today. 

However, I will be honest. I'm frustrated as hell with not only The Leaves and all of the other personal topic rants, but with this blogging format. The Template TDFB (me) uses is supposed to be a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) when formatting a post. The writing looks one way in the Writing Box, and entirely different in The Preview Mode – which is where we should see Exactly how paragraphs and so on line up when published.

Not true. Not true at all. In fact, if you have noticed, the alignment of sentences and paragraphs will change quite often after I have seen the Final Result because it's Not At All how it looked in Preview. I then go back to The Box and change things around, publish the post again, only to discover It Still Looks "Off" – which requires another round of changes until I'm satisfied. How bloody time-consuming! In addition, how Freaking Embarrassing! 

Were I to move over to a different host and format, all Techie Hell Would Break Loose; thus, TDFB will remain here, just as I'm doing with my frustrating Home Environment Situation, until I have the strength and resources available to make a move to a far easier, less demanding-of-my-time, "home."

Once again I'll mention that I find grammar and punctuation-spelling errors of Other People's Writing in a flash and am paid to do so from time-to-time. I'm very good at it. But, apparently not for my own writing despite proofing my posts a dozen times. And to Those Who Know Better, I am aware that I don't follow all of The Rules of Writing Style in both Titles and Content…for This Blog. I'm just a Rebel, I gather.

In addition, I'll repeat (from previous posts) that yes, I'm aware that Pro Writers who write on a Daily Basis for Major Online Outlets make mistakes more often than not now that they are almost on their own without a Proofreader, nor do they have the time to methodically check their work for errors beyond fact-checking. Nevertheless, I'm not them…

So, I'm back to Flogging Myself for printing uneven posts, mangled sentences, and Not Being Perfect!

I miss the TV show "Monk" a great deal. His obsession with perfection and cleanliness was something I could relate to – with laughter. However, one cannot Be In This World and live in an Hermetically Sealed Bubble at the same time. And so, with humility from Being A Flawed Human Being, I'll step back from writing extra words today, crawl into my Woodshed for a few hours, pop out for a while to work with yet another Physical Therapist at home (yep, another-another setback from the Hip Fracture of two years ago – grrrr), and take care of Real World Biz, such as Another Jury Duty Summons!

Yep. It's been like that….

But hey, as I tend to say, tomorrow IS Another Day, and if you follow TDFB, you know what that means: Total Silliness – and I don't have to write A Mangled Word or Sentence! Whew!

Rant over – for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment