Sunday, March 18, 2012

Had Some Blarney With Biscotti

Here we are. The Day After St. Paddy's Day. Everyone okay out there? Having hangover brunches per chance? Or were you playing it safe last night and staying out of trouble? Did you put your Annual Green's back in the closet where they belong until next year? If not, I hope you at least removed the Shamrock stickers from your vestment's shoulder pad or lapel. Can't have you Lepre-conning all year long, you know. Those little devils can be rather territorial, particularly when they allow the Trolls to join them in their gay-lick-i-teases.

Nope. That wasn't a gay reference. We all know that Leprechauns are straight, whimsical and cute, but not witty, snarky or bitchy despite the glittery outfits and funny hats. No way are they gay. But Gaelic? Sure, why not. Can't you just hear them saying "It's a brit nit out tonit..."

And no, I'm not nursing a hangover from alcohol although you can sense my mood is a bit light and wiggly. I'm feeling the ramifications of having eaten an entire box of Ginger Biscotti's late at night. Not my fav flavour, Ginger, but they served their purpose of calming my sweet teef's. Now I will refrain from stepping on a scale for at least a week until the late night pig-out is but a memory and my skinny jeans will fit once more.

Skinny jeans? Me? How dare I wear what some people would consider to be "age inappropriate" attire. From what I read on numerous message boards I may as well pack it in after a certain age and start wearing pearls with knit dresses and frumpy pantsuits, and make sure to set my hair with hairspray left over from my late grandmother's estate.

'Tis true. Grown women and men flog away on a daily basis about how certain people in the over-heated spotlight are dressing in an non "age appropriate" manner. Age appropriate to what, I ask? To old norms? One look at someone wearing what is considered to be "appropriate" for their age sends shudders down my spine. Too often I'll see a picture of someone in my age group dressed like I gather some people think people like me should be wearing for our age group and they look like my grandmother or grandfather did in the 60's.

But then, that seems to be where certain factions of the American population want to take us. Well, you'll have to pull the Converse "All Stars" off my feet and cut my hair before I'll follow that trend.

Yeah, I've had too much Biscotti for sure.

Image via: http://ourkitchensink.wordpress.com

2 comments: