Friday, March 2, 2012

Who Deserves A Flog Today?

I'm Flogging me-self today for making my life even more frustrating than it is, has been, or "should" be. You may relate if you follow the I-Net "Tips" concerning Security Issues which suggest changing passwords (at the very least) every six months or so. I have so many different accounts for email, website subscriptions, etc., that despite having kept a written list of Passwords and Usernames, as well as having memorized half of them, the tiny pages containing the info went "missing" - and I have spent hours attempting to retrieve the less-used few so that I may be able to access the information (or whatever else I may need) to do a bit of work for biz and personal concerns. Although I have retained the same primary email account forever, I have had to create other names and accounts to compartmentalize. So, what I have done to myself in the initial intention to maintain some kind of organization has become a wearying complication. I will have to re-register at most of the locations, filling out long or short forms, going to the email inbox to receive my Confirmation information to then go back to the site and activate-confirm my registration, subscription.  No biggie if it's one or two accounts. Not so easy when it's 20. Another reason why the tedious back and forth's of Forgotten/Lost Username and Password Hell is dragging me into a froth, is that most of yesterday was spent looking for the "lost" information - physically digging through paperwork, checking confirmation emails... Life could be much worse. True. But then, our lives are basically subjective experiences. Considering that what I "do" for "a living" and most hobbies is/are online-based, you can be assured that my frustration level is rising to an almost blistering peak. Life does intrude on one's dreamy little world. Especially right now. "Life intrudes" indeed. This week has grown to Critical Mass: mediating between my very upset cat and a new furry creature that recently entered the homestead to live (always a peaceful experience when one pet has ruled the Kingdom alone for years and finds a stranger roaming their turf); withdrawing from a potent prescription drug; learning that a friend is dying; another friend has to put her beloved dog down - soon - and learned of this on the anniversary of her young son's untimely death, and many other versions of Sad and Angry stories every few hours. Yesterday I raged at a friend with whom I was very displeased, screaming over the phone (not letting him talk) "Good-Bye!" and hung up. How rude of me, eh? (We eventually worked it out, but still....) So, the Flogging Whip and I will need to have a little chat over the weekend. I don't like to be flogged. It hurts. And, by the way, if anyone sees my Sense of Humour wandering around, would you kindly send it back to me? Thanks.

4 comments:

  1. shauna my prayers to your friends and to you undergoing a drug withdrawal. everything you are upset over are natural reactions to extremely stressful situations. you write you are a pisces. bless you this month my little dear one with the big voice and soft heart.

    wmms fan of your show then. missed after all these years you, billy, david, martin, len, joyce. all of you changed radio programming in those days. why not any of you on the air anymore? best ears and segueway -artists ever. ksan sf, knew nyc were the only others. do you see or talk to any of your fellow genuises behind the board?

    nice blog you have here. it's different in the variety of subjects you pick for each post. keep at it. why aren't you podcasting? that VOICE!

    no-name

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you rant! Talk Ranty to me any day, sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, "no-name." Very much appreciate your feedback! Yes, am in touch w/ almost everyone you mentioned, and recently saw Billy when he zipped into town for a few days. Martin, to my knowledge, is the only one you mentioned who returned to radio for a while as PD of a station.... He is writing books as usual, but is now a full time writer. David manages tons of music groups per usual... All of us miss those special days! My voice is much lower now...think Tallulah Bankhead and Lauren B and it's me! Podcasting has been and is still considered... Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anon - Thanks! Ranting, however, is overrated. I'm exhausted from it...or maybe it's just the HTML code that's fogging my brain.

    ReplyDelete