Friday, February 24, 2012

Valley of the Sads

It's that time of year again. Astrologically speaking. If you follow Astrology with even a modicum of belief in its odd truths, then you'll understand why a Major Pisces like me would be having a case of the Major Sads today under a Pisces Sun influence that just began a few days ago. Pisces is an emotional sign - "sensitive", "artistic", "healers", "dancers" - and prone toward addiction and self-destruction like almost no other sign if so inclined to slide down that scratchy rope.

When the Sun is in Pisces, you can expect your emotional interchanges to be more involved than usual  - for good or ill - as feelings are closer to the surface. Look out if you're having relationship or any interpersonal conflicts, problems. It can get nasty out there for a month more than usual. On the contrary, should your Pis-ycon days send you into the wonderfully invigorating energy of inspiration, go for it if you are moved to write your novel, tune, thesis, or hedonistically over-indulge in almost everything. Eat, drink and be merry and all of that.

Despite the "sensitivity" associated with Pisces I can definitely attest to the fact that most of the Pisces WOMEN I have known can cut you off at the knees with one word or pointed stare, while having a full-on emotional breakdown moments later after reading the last page of Edith Wharton's "The Age of Innocence". Don't get me started. I'll be crying until this time tomorrow - yet again. Sheesh!

Most Pisces are a variety of fish from little guppies to sharks, unlikely to be as quickly (if ever) understood or "pegged" as easily as those with one animal, creature, or one symbol to reflect their astrological leanings. Pisces is represented by two fish swimming in opposite directions. And that symbol could not be truer for almost all Pisces - male or female - I have been close to in my life.

So, that's the most superficial overview concerning Pisces and our well-known moods/sensitivities; good hearts/black or white arts (depending...) I can pull together today as I work through this peculiar onset of ennui.

Or, could be I'm a bit irked at yet another "Gardener" using a loud blower to clean a neighbor's property as I sit outside trying to breathe in the pervading scent of jasmine blossom - blooming nearby, appreciate a very clear, sunny, warm day in the waning days of February while watching squirrels leap from tree-to-tree. Really. It's true. Quite urbany-bucolic, isn't it?

Yep. I'm feeling that moody Pisces thang again. The creative side doesn't feel like writing today and is in conflict with the other side that is ambitious and willing to leap over what may just be a temporary Major Sad Moment and get on with writing a coherent blog post about something or other.

I've kinda done just that by writing how I feel about not writing as a creative outlet today, haven't I? Alright then, having satisfied one part of the Pisces Opposite Direction Dilemma, I'll now take leave of the written word, brood a bit more to ensure that I am indeed a Pisces, before diving over to the other side of the stream in which the other fish of me swims in the path of the sun, bringing-out the light, silly, or at least emotionally content person, desirous of spending the remainder of the day turning to other avenues of expression for inspiration and a gradual climb out of the Valley of the Sads.

It's Friday. Be safe and have fun whatever you're doing....


Image via: http://www.123rf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment