Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who Deserves A Flog Today?

Today TDFB is writing a second "Who Deserves..." in a week because Google is getting to be far too intrusive in the lives of many, and this blog is one of the areas of their intrusion. From the day I joined Google+ a lot of of odd glitches have occurred here. Most were handled without public notice and all was well, I thought, until I checked the "Contact Me" and other email links provided on our extra pages. At the moment, none of the links are working although the original email address provided once worked, and my independent profile page was intact. Today I discovered my picture was gone, the email link no longer works regardless of what address I use. The original email link works from all other areas on the Interwebs where I post and utilize the address. Except here. I also realized when joining Google+ that, unfortunately, the entire setup was too public for me and I ceased being active. If I delete the account, I'll also lose access to this blog, and all other Google-based connections. And so my Google+ page languishes; my profile page email is changed and may not work. Also, prior to the changes at Google, posts from this blog were automatically recorded to Google Buzz. No more. Now I must work through yet another system to make that once-easy step happen again. As written many times, TDFB is not moving from Blogger at this time for practical reasons. But, in order to remain for a while until other arrangements can be made with trust that the content, etc. of the blog won't be lost or corrupted, I will have to go on yet another search for answers on the Blogger issues, which is also a frustrating experience as few have answered any of the questions others have asked pertaining to the exact problems I am having with the email link, to name one. So, I'm ranting as you can see. This may not relate to your life in any possible way, but as it does create an unpleasant effect in my mood, as well as what I do each day in an attempt to have a properly functioning site, and as I'm too disgusted with the House GOP's attitude today toward what was to have been a balanced discussion of Contraception by a GOP male-only crowd who have now refused to hear the only woman the Dem's were allowed to bring to the hearing to tell her own tale of pro Contraception, I'll leave this format-less space and take the Flogging Whip with me to the Google hell of attempting to fix something no one on the Blogger Help site seems willing to deal with.


Harrumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment