Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tis the Season to Escape

Hello there. I'm in a Holiday Saturday Trance. While I while away a few hours at the top of the day, a film marathon of classic B/W films which go well beyond the classic Holiday Standards of "Holiday Inn" and "It's A Wonderful Life" are turning-up all over the cable channels - Premium and Not-So Preemie.

However, it's alarmingly clear how times have changed. Thus, I shall (imagine a lilting tone behind what I write) make a mere observation on what the TV-based Movies at this time of year often convey and portray:

Ultimate perfection is a fantastically exuberant chorus of excellent tenors and sopranos battling it out with the bass-tones to gel into a magnificent cacophony of ear-dazzling delight.

Thus far today, I've been drawn into a little-known yet charming unique old-film-world where Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh share googly-eyes at each other in a surprisingly holds-up-in-the-test-of-time-sorta, film (minus the now-jaundiced heavily-critiqued relationships between a mother/and/or siblings in what was once viewed as wholesomely innocent actions of platonic love and connection).

The film is "Holiday Affair" - not grand, not bland. A lovely afternoon delight if you're not having sex.

With that said...as well as "...At the end of the day", including "...Having said that", I'll now end this pointless post with a cheery Happy Christmas Eve and 5th Night of Hanukkah!

Whew! I needs better movies and the party I'm going to tonight!

2 comments: