Friday, December 16, 2011

Who Deserves A Flog Today?

What else could it be today other than another Flog at the U.S. Congress? "Indefinite military detention." I linked to this story a few days ago when it seemed as though Obama would veto the bill. But, Obama allowed the bill to pass. If the GOP contenders weren't so radical, and if another Democrat could stand up to the Prez, I'd want him out as much as I want most of the House and Senate tossed-out of their stuffy chambers STAT. But we have to wait a year. And despite his often in-your-face attitude toward his base, I'll still go with Obama because, if nothing else, he doesn't cause me to feel embarrassed for our country. In fact, I admire how he can be more of a Hawk than many initially thought, while at the same time regaining respect for the US of A in countries where the love was seriously fading. I am one of those who agreed that the U.S. needed to apologize to most of the world for the egregious antics of the previous administration. I know it's not a popular position for the Right, but from my POV it would have been Wrong not to do so.


Read it here: WTF - Again

2 comments: