Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lost In Geekdom

Hello there. No direct flogs today as I have been immersed in computer Geekland for two days and suddenly realized that it's time for a blog post. 

It's easy to get lost in one's work if you enjoy what you're doing. Apparently, I absolutely enjoy making new websites and all that goes with it - even when changing CSS and HTML codes are involved. Or setting up more social media accounts. Or learning why my site is not validated by an RSS feed but is validated by another. Or building a new widget for my blog to go on another site I am creating that will eventually accompany this blog - and vice versa.

Exciting stuff! Who would have believed that I would have as well as find my Inner Geek and have to be pried by the outside world to return to it from time to time.

Sometimes I forget to get up and walk (or crutch/cane) around. Lucky for my overly-intense focus on whatever project I have going at any given time at the moment that I need to move around for the recovery process from hip surgery and require ice packs - a fairly decent trek from my back room to the freezer in the kitchen - or else I would become a very stiff statue-like presence on my loveseat aka New Office Spot.

Yep. After almost 8 weeks of barely having a moment's comfort sitting down, I have finally found a place that likes me and I it. Now my office chair has become my footstool for leg elevation while my lap virtually holds my laptop with a nifty textured pillow as the "desk" as I sink back against my new "bed armchair pillow" in the soft yet slightly firm cushions of my bedroom couch.

There is nothing like finding physical comfort following a long period of discomfort. Those seemingly small elements of life we take for granted until the Universe sends us challenge in that area. I will never take physical comfort as a given anymore. It is a gift.

Anyhow, I've spent too much sitting this morning, so it is time to get up and walk with the fugly yet extremely practical 4-footed cane I am currently using now that the crutches have gone back to their storage space. After a few cane-assisted walk-abouts of the house, I'll return to my primary room and fall into another few hours of Geek-related creativity while also adding to the slideshow for the new site.

Gotta say I'm in a tiny corner of heaven today. It's been raining. Then it stops and the sun comes out for a short while before another round of rain drops down upon the roof, giving my new physical comfort zone a sweet feeling of cozy.

Just the way I like it on a quiet Sunday.

Will be back soon with Flogging Whip in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment