Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Give Up And Give In

Okay. Alright. The majority rules on the changes I've been making over the last week to the blog. The response by regular readers who are friends has been quite brutal no matter what direction the design went: Dark, light, etc. "I won't read your blog again if it looks like that!" "Oh God, it looks like a Goth site!" "Yeck! It looks like the interior of a hospital."


So, here we are. Almost back to the original template with a few small changes thus far.


I was attempting to make a change for several reasons: In truth, I become bored easily and was hoping to refresh elements I cannot use in the original template for accents. Then I ran into problems with including the slide show and other widgets. A change was also something I wanted to do in order to utilize a template without "Comment" posting glitches that exist in this template and have not yet been found for repair.

However, each new change came with yet another challenge that sent me down colour and design roads I also felt uneasy about. So, for now, it's back to the woodshed look and basic simplicity until I can ease into a template the majority will approve. Believe me, if I was committed to any of the earlier designs I would stay with it, but I'm flexible - especially when told by people I love "I hate it! Get back to the original for now!"

I gather web design is not my future career.

Once more I thank everyone for your patience. At least the readership has remained consistent during these weird days of change.

Now, onward to the purpose of the blog - to flog and share music and art.

I'm now off to the woodshed once more for a moment of self-flogging for the hell of it.

3 comments:

  1. That's a shame, after all the work you put into it Shauna. I learned a long time ago, the first time I stepped on stage with a guitar in my hand...You
    can't please everybody!! I for one, thought it looked just fine. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John - True. Can't please everyone! But, the negative responses were passionate. Thanks for your feedback. Interesting that more guys liked the changes than women.

    Eventually there will be a different look. For now, it it what it is.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people just have a problem with change. That's all. Personally, I have a problem with "hope and change." :) John

    ReplyDelete