Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pixelated

You know it’s going to be a strange day when you awake to “BREAKING NEWS” that Charlie Sheen’s children have been removed from his castle of goddesses and his Adonis-like Supreme Being of Self and taken to an undisclosed location to be cared for by another “sober” mess.

Well, what did he expect after allowing an NBC camera crew to record what it’s like to live in the “Sober Valley Lodge” (aka "Uber Rehab Dodge") surrounded by two “anything Charlie says is okay with me” young things? What a grand way to show everyone how sane and stable your environment is for children than to parade your latest live-ins from the street – er, from somewhere – in a self-serving interview so that the mother of your children can have another reason to call the police?

Oh my, is that all there is to write and talk about? The ground is still rumbling with Middle East unrest as Libya massacres its people; Yemen begins to back away from the U.S., and a seemingly politically motivated shooting in Germany on a bus carrying U.S. Military airmen ended the lives of two soldiers and wounded two others.

It’s a stubborn, testy world out there, and Wisconsin’s Governor Walker is right in there digging his well-oiled heels into the scared cow dung of Dairy Land as he continues to refuse to act like a leader, choosing to follow the mindset of a dictator with regard to compromise on the budget bill. What a putz, to be “nice” – as it were/was/always will be.

I’m a bit burned-out by all of the gnarly “news” at the moment. There are far more important issues in my life to untangle. A respite from the usual flogging suspects might brighten my day, eh? 

I’d love to share my little corner of hell with you as I flog technology on a technological instrument. Most of us have been there – in Technical Hell. It’s where frustrated souls scream as they watch the Blue Screen of Death on their computer; uploading a picture to their website or FB page only to see how distorted the once-smooth lines of the images are because the pixel size has changed during the transfer/resizing process; on a cell phone in one of the Dead Zones while in the midst of an important conversation; having one of those irksome “something’s in my keyboard and I can’t use the letter A” experiences…..

Oh, wait! MSNBC just spelled “Gaddafi” as “Khaddfy” on screen. An hour ago it was “Gaddafi.” Whoa. That has thrown me off my internal techie-bitch mode. Hey journos and TV news producers, one “rule” of publishing is to remain consistent – even if you’re wrong. C’mon. Don’t mess with my head like that, okay?

OMG – there is another Somali-based hijacking at sea by pirates! This time there are children aboard. Now that’s what I consider to be “BREAKING NEWS” – don’t you?

I’m going to fall back on the usual cliché’s and just give it a rest today. My chaise is beckoning for a Colette moment and I shall gladly give in to its Drama Queen call.

See ya’ll tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Shauna;
    I've found the best way to deal with the news is to not watch it. I get mine the old fashioned way, I read it. Hard to be fooled by a picture if there aren't any. Besides, bad news sells and good news sinks fast. The media loves to scream that we have a "right to know". I think what they're really saying is that they have the right to sell it to us. Another question I have about "breaking news". If it's breaking why don't they just fix it instead of telling us about it? And don't you just love how seriously the newscasters take themselves. Don't they know that they're basically morbid entertainers?
    I hope I'm allowed a bit of rant here. If not then I guess I'm in trouble already. Have a nice day.

    Dick Swickard

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Dick - I love to know what everyone feels/thinks! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as Governor Walker refusing to act like a leader, what about the 14 missing Democrats from Wisconsin? But I suppose the left regards them as "Hero's." At least when the vote came up for health care, and everything else the Dems have put into place, the Repubs stuck it out and did their job. They didn't run and hide. John

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know who REALLY Sheen's kids away!! Glen Beck. And Sarah Palin was driving the getaway car. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my darling John. Thank you for joining the conversation. I have to admit that the 14 Dem's have been a bit strange - tho' I understand why they've done what they've done....

    At the same time, would you enlighten me as to why you think any Gov of any state should be so incredibly bombastic when in it involves - at the very least - a mature conversation on compromise and negotiation? Can you "get" how absolutely UN-Democratic his attitude is?

    Re: Sheen. Have you noticed how I'm ignoring both Peck and Balin' this week?

    Winks to you and luv ya' still....

    ReplyDelete