Friday, May 24, 2013

Who/What Deserves a Flog Today?

Here we go again! I'm flogging my exterior environment today! More construction in the neighbourhood! For those who have followed TDFB from its inception, you well know how often I've flogged the fact that for ten years – with a brief break for a few months here and there – new home construction, as well as endless home renovations, have made what one would assume would be an idyllic, peaceful existence in The Hills of Hollywood, worse than jack hammers in NYC. In fact, as I may have written in a previous post, when I did live in NYC it was peaceful beyond a few car alarms going off. 

Endless bulldozing, sawing, hammering, crashing sounds, intrude on the peace AGAIN today, and, tho' I often am as sensitive as "The Princess and the Pea" I'm not alone in my increasing PST with the rattling cacophony. My darling furry friend, my Little "Familiar," has dashed to her Cat Cave where she will ride out the latest eruption-disruption. A few neighbours flee from the noise-madness whenever possible. As I work from home, escape is not an easy option. Thus, I am taking out The Flogging Whip once more to do my bidding in The War Zone in which I live.

So, take THAT, you %^$#@ Bulldozer! WHAACK! And you, Mr. or Mizz Buzzsaw, have a little SMAACK-WHAACK on me, thank you very much!

Oh, and NOW the neighbours beside the house, as well as another across the stream, have their Gardener's Blowing The Loud Blowers right now in tandem! Should I flee the scene? Not today. In a short while the original decorator of the home in which I live will be here to assist the owner in decision-making for a future (and quiet) interior renovation. I know him, want to see him, and also have ideas on various aspects of design I'd like to share. So, here I'll remain.

Anyone have an extra Xanax or something?

Meanwhile, for my insanity sanity, I'll return to the usual Friday Silliness/Satire postings! Enjoy!?

No comments:

Post a Comment