Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm All Askew

Good afternoon/evening - or whatever it is for you today. Due to a new software change on my trusty laptop and a tendency to geek-out over little technical tweaks, I was up until the morning birds began pecking at my window to remind me it was sunrise and I better get some sleep if I expected to do anything at all productive today.

And so I sit at the computer with a foggy brain, tired eyes and a desire to slide back into bed to ensure I get my full 8 hours of lucid dreaming taken care of.

I have a very rich dream life, doncha know! And lucid dreaming is so much fun because you can be doing the strangest things in the most ridiculous or beautiful places knowing that it is, alas, just a dream. It really helps when you're having one of those "OMG I'm nude!" nightmares as you find yourself standing on a stage with the spotlight focused on whatever body part you least appreciate of your Mother Nature-made costume.

Or when someone is trying to kill you. Then, knowing it's just a dream, you laugh at their efforts to send you to your celestial home and skip merrily away from whatever or whomever it may be, knowing all is fine and, in time, you'll awake to the real nightmare that is your waking life. Well, for some, that is.

Actually, my day hasn't been horrible at all. No waking hell on earth - until a few minutes ago.

Apparently the next-door neighbors' large oak tree that recently fell into their home, causing quite a bit of damage, has not yet been buzz-sawed into enough pieces to haul away to the lumber yards and be done with it. So now I have another day of the sound of eww-yick-my-ears! for this season's life soundtrack. And no way can I go back to sleep.

I think it's time to drown-out those nasty sounds with a tune, don't you?

And so I bid a temporary adieu.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Dear Shauna. You, being a democrat, what is your HONEST opinion, of what your Governor "Moonbeam" just did with AB130 and AB131? I thought California was in big trouble financially, but this pretty much puts a nail in it's coffin. When this story broke last night, I couldn't believe in the comments section, how many California Democrats said they will never vote for anything Democrat again, and will go over to the Republican side. This is just un-f-----g beleivable!! John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! That's what I say - at least for now.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete