Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Who Deserves a Flog Today?

The Flogging Whip is All Whipped-Up and Exhausted! Just look at it - all fuzzy and limp but still ready to Flog Away! Today the lashes are flailing at Financial Lender/Brokers who have been inundating my space with an avalanche of Unwanted Calls! 

Other than that, how is your day thus far? Mine has been nothing but aggravating phone interruptions since 6:30. 45 calls from potential financial lenders within less than two hours was how my day began. How they found my number and other info can probably be traced to one source which had guaranteed Info Privacy. Hah!

My primary phone number is unlisted. And, I researched the Original Lender before going in that direction a few months ago. They are reputable. Or so I thought. The loan is one month away from completion, so the Shady Money Wolves from Other Places are now on The Hunt to gain my business/money when I'm no longer obligated to Another Bank/Lender. I can only Assume "they" received my info via the Lender. It's too coincidental to be otherwise. Or am I lashing-out in the Wrong Direction?

At first I ignored the calls – until I noticed several Repeat Numbers. They weren't going to stop, so by a certain Boiling Point I chose to tackle the increasing bombardment with Direct Action. After speaking to several Brokers and declining their offers, yet still receiving more calls, now I'm picking up the phone, demanding to know the name of the company, and yelling at them to stop calling and hanging-up! I'm not going to accept their offer. Period. Done. Go away!!!

What a job these people have. They are trying to "make a living" and I realize how difficult jobs of a Financial Lending Nature can be via banks and other institutions such as Credit Unions. But Whoa!  It's one thing to receive a few annoying calls. It is truly an assault on the senses, not to ignore a Concentration Interruption, to Literally Have The Phone Ring every few minutes for hours – and I am NOT exaggerating on the number of calls. In fact, during the few minutes I have been writing, I've had 4 5 6 7 more calls – all from yet More Desperate Lenders with shady deals. Again, I'm answering the calls to Get Rid Of Them! Otherwise, they'll continue to auto-dial for days – or weeks.

If you've read how much I loathe the sound of phones ringing/or making sounds at all, as well as the Time Drain to deal with most of the strangers on the other end of the line when I finally have to pick up the phone to request NO FURTHER CALLS, you may understand why I'm airing a hint of Personal Experience with this mess I may have inadvertently created for myself by providing simple things such as a phone number to a new outlet-resource.

Recently I wrote of a phone call I had with Rep's of a skincare line I want to try. In the post, I mentioned how I would not pick up the phone for those 800 + numbers again. How doing so that day was a break in my rule to NEVER answer unsolicited calls. "Never" say "never" is certainly true in my current situation. Rules are to be broken, it seems, particularly when it is a constant stream of calls. Defensive measures aren't always effective, such as turning off the ringer, not answering the call, as it won't end the problem – it merely prolongs the harassment.

That's it. I'm venting. The entire topic I had intended to write about today is completely squashed in a cluttered maze of what's left of my patience, concentration, inspiration and desire to be reasonable, unreasonable, or slightly humorous in another politically-oriented Hissy Fit of my own.

If you learned anything from this post, it's that we no longer have ANY privacy even when we try. As careful as I have been over the years to maintain privacy with my personal info, one seemingly safe action can create, at the least, a Mountain Of Annoyance. Unless one completely dumps all credit cards, banks, email , Cell Phone/Landline accounts, and social media accounts – going Underground/Off The Grid – these battering intrusions may only get worse. So, Welcome To More Spying beyond the NSA!

Meanwhile, back in Washington… Oh, screw it!

See you later when I find my sense of humour again.

No comments:

Post a Comment