Tuesday, January 3, 2012

To Skype Or Not To Write?


I certainly didn't exaggerate the previous post regarding the quasi-flurry of activity which occurred on Tuesday. In fact, I became involved in personal and biz communications I had not expected and, before the clock stuck its daring angry tongue at me for falling behind my self-imposed posting schedule, the day was gone and thus, no music videos or street art or other art posts.....

Whew! Where's everyone been lately? Silent over the holidays, now the phone is ringing every other minute. Gawd I loathe the sound of phones no matter what the ring-tone. It's one of those Pavlovian responses to SOMEONE NEEDING TO COMMUNICATE IN PERSON (horrors!), causing me to relive the daunting, humility-invoking days of when I took receptionist jobs in-between careers to the jeers of those who felt I could have done better for myself. If they only knew......

My phone's ringing every other minute and a friend now living in Holland asked for me to re-install Skype so that we could communicate in finer fashion. Although Skype and I had a fine connection in July of last year, I really didn't need it and thus dumped it's Spritley-Skypey arse. But for my neat-o friend (yep, I wrote "neat-o"), I set up up a new account for our closer than-just-voice communication.

It didn't work. We ended-up on the phone for almost an hour.

I only knew that the day had ended when the sound of electronic sawing equipment ceased a short while ago. Now I will make up for the missing daily posts of music and art.

Believe me when I say that within a few days I'll be complaining that no one's bothering me anymore and I am lost in mine own translation of my own quiet personal nation.

Meanwhile, the above posts should round out what I didn't do earlier.... (But give me a few minutes to find the right tune....)

No comments:

Post a Comment