Sunday, January 29, 2012

Her Hatty-Ness

I am so excited! With the recent announcement by the peculiar, although august, The Headwear Association, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Something-Or-Other across the quaint-sounding "Pond" in yon ole' Merry England, has been crowned Queen Of Hats, or, to be properly informative, "Hat Person of the Year." Details Here 

In air-sniffing circles such a title is less than prestigious. It's rather common. In others, 'tis a wonderful thing as England is now awash in more outrageous or haute couture hats for the ladies than ever (it seems).

I'm happy about the latest Royal Newz because I love to observe what is attached to the heads of diverse English women at numerous events ranging from weddings to soccer and tennis matches and what is worn to a simple luncheon, of course. Must wear a hat there as well if one is to be "seen."

Oh, where-oh-where did the non-runway throngs of American Women and their once-interesting hats go? At the moment, the primary hats worn by American women are trendy fedoras, which I love. But, when the elite meet in almost every city of supposed trendy style, it is rare to see a hat worn inside a function. Too bad. Hats can be very Fashionista-Chic...again.

But, I digress, eh? It's time to return to the point: the English hat fetish! I also enjoy the subject because it allows me to add a new flurry of Hat Images to the above slideshow.

As I view the animals, flowers, satellite-like receptors, flora and odd forms of fauna strategically designed to tilt at often gravity-defying angles (perhaps with a little help from glue or pins), my face lights-up and I'm chortling away, LMFAO, GWD (I made that up for Grinning With Delight).

From the frumpy to the frilly, many of the hats are a visual treat and often silly.

It's a good thing to have a laugh, particularly when it's a shared experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment