Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Fickle Fingers of Hate

I’m wagging my “you’re so bad” finger in the face of all of the posters I’ve read on message boards and in the “Comments” section of various blogs who have a deep need to insult, ridicule, name-call, trash, and in general, cyber-bully another seemingly anonymous poster when they aren’t in agreement. God-Golly-Garsh, how dare these supposed adults express their once-suppressed vitriol via keystrokes behind a computer monitor rather than drown their children in a bathtub when their ever-so-attentive husband or partner isn’t looking? Sheesh. What fun would that be? Attorney fees alone would be a serious downer.

I have an enormous desire to fling an outrageous flog in the direction of a subculture on these here Interwebs in which I've been a willing participant for over a year. Grrrrrr. FU. STFU. DANG!

As usual, I'll split my story and opinions into "parts." Grand anger can be expressed in the above tame-named examples: nevertheless, I have an axe to grind and want to do so in a prolonged, excruciatingly detailed manner in order for all TDFB readers-in-haste to savour during a particularly bad day at a job they hate, or, at the least, anyone who wishes the weekend hadn't ended so terribly abruptly (as if you didn't see it coming?). Oh dear, I misused grammar and added a punctuation mark within a parenthesis. Will I be forgiven for my sophomoric sin?

Such is the pettiness of which I speak/write.

Uh-oh. I'm getting serious and might sound a tad bitter. Ugh. Who wants lime for breakfast or lunch or dinner? Lime is best with Tequila; thus, if you're having a tall salty-rimmed one, you'll be right by my side, right? If you don't drink and want to see all as well and good, with anyone expressing a bitter jagged spill of words onto a page as one in need of counseling, perhaps you might walk on by and go to another blog where faeries light up your day and deeper truths are held at bay.

Oh, hey, it's fine to be on the side of "Light." I'm not always scowling and sneering and steering away from love and light, I 've simply had to face the reality of spite. And, my friends, "spite" and "light" are precisely what I'll be flogging this week.

Pull out your limes, salt your glass, pour the Pellegrino or Tequila, and continue to visit my blog this week to discover what's crawling up the back of my neck to cause such a sweetie like me to be so, so - yeck! 

Time for another music break before I begin punching a cultural past-time, eh?

Well, some of you may want the raw meat of what I will be expressing RIGHT NOW! I, on the other hand, have always found music to be another way of setting the scene...and it's not always what one would expect.

3 comments: