Monday, June 17, 2013

Why I Like Facebook

When I awake each day, after stretching, preparing the Dark Tea I recently flogged that's staining my teeth (and after Wednesday may need to give up, if not seriously curb), I turn on the laptop to check The Real News via The Webs.

If something is truly a "Breaking" story, I'll turn on the TV for further information; otherwise, I then go to Facebook (I'm not a Twitter'er nor a Twatter Follower Of Anyone, despite having a rarely used account), and begin to play. Yes, PLAY! FB is my Playground these days. Many of my FB friends are pro comedians, or, if not pro's, then quite funny with what they choose to post. It's fun! And who doesn't need a few laughs each day to boost one's mood/immune system?

After balking for years to avoid almost all Social Networking Sites, I finally braced myself and joined FB way after the party started. I showed-up unfashionably late, thus missing opportunities to be Friends with Real Life Friends and/or Former Friends who have exceeded their Friend Limit and only have Fan Pages or No Other Pages at all! Bummer. And I know they sometimes post really cool things, as my Other FB Friends are Friends with them and have settings which allow "Friends of Friends" to see their posts to others, so, from time-to-time, via this unintentional route, I will see what the Overextended Friend Limit "friend" has posted that day. So far, I have to say it's not much that I'm missing despite wishing "they" would "say" more than they do; therefore I'm happy to have made it through the vetting process of a few still-not-overextended funny people/friends who Make My Virtual Day!

Hey, places such as FB have a purpose – particularly for those who work alone and enjoy taking breaks to communicate with others – even if it's just to "Like" a post. I may not appreciate the constant changes in formatting; the commercialization of "Suggest Pages" to "Like" and so on, but, compared to other areas on The I-Nets, FB has provided a way to reconnect with long-lost relatives, loves, friends, etc. Not bad, I say. Now I know who I can place in my Will for various items I knew not where to "send" a few things when That Day Or Night happens. Macabre thought? Not at all. No matter how young, it's a good idea to have a Will, Living Trust, etc. You never know…said the Happy Monday To You Grim Reaper!

But why am I writing about how Facebook is important to me at this stage in my life? Because a Certain Someone (by the name of Justin Timberlake) has decided to try to resurrect MySpace, of all spaces! Does anyone think that it will work again as THE place for Friends To Meet? I doubt it. In truth, I never had a MySpace account. Unless every single one of my Most Fav FB Friends moves over there to post their wonderful musings, art, jokes, reminders of Good Vibrations, I'll remain a stubborn FB poster.

When Google+ came about as "the next big thing" by "Invitation Only" I was right there – invited – and began circling The Friend Circles. Yeck! No one was writing anything close to the fun that still continues on FB. I had a few people in The Circles who didn't have me in Their Circles – and vice versa – and nothing at all was going on. If "they" weren't on Twatter, then they would post first on FB, not Google Plus-Nothing. Now, from my experience (having ceased any activity at all on G+), until someone other than Mr. Facebook Himself, Mark Zuckerberg, creates a new way to integrate the best of Facebook without the Obvious Snobbery & Exclusion of others, FB rules.

And no. I'm not being paid for this post. Which is becoming a problem. How much longer can I write a "Free Blog" with a growing audience (despite amazingly incorrect, conflicting stat's from 3 different outlets of such numbers – and yes, I'm adding YOU, Google Analytics) on the readership of this blog before I am tempted to "sell out"?

We shall see. You'll know for sure when I begin praising Sarah Palin for how great she looks without A Pro Stylist!

BTW, it would be so very cool if you all would kindly "Like" this site. I do. There are buttons below each article for the post, and a series of Click-Places in colour under my info to make it happen in all kinds of places. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment