Monday, September 3, 2012

Something Different for a Special Person

Today I'll set aside The Flogging Whip to salute the incredible Hal David who passed away over this holiday weekend. Although we have lost a ton of talented and culturally influential people in the past months, no one set my heart ablaze as much as the music of Hal David and Burt Bacharach did when I was "growing up." The list of his songs are more amazing than most of us knew, or, at the least, remembered until he rode to Heaven leaving the world a much better, inspiring, touching, place.

If you are unaware of the man's talents, or the list of his musical accomplishments GO HERE to learn of his contributions to musical brilliance. In honor of music that shaped my emotions and musical character as much as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones did for My Generation, I'll post a few of his tunes today.

Thank you, Hal David, for your heart and beautiful soul.

Now, let the music begin....

Image via: http://keitelvisualliteracy.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. FINALLY dear Shauna, something we both completely agree on!! John

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, it would have been more appropriate for you to say "what the WHO did for My Generation." They're the ones who had the hit, not the Stones. John

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, OF COURSE I know it was The Who! Otherwise....xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you do Shauna, but when you capitalized "My Generation," it turned it into a song title, rather than a description of an era. XOXOXOXO John

    ReplyDelete