Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sharing the Yawn

We are now in the cliche'd "Dog days of summer." The final days before vacations end, kids return to school, politicians slink back to their chambers.

I must be having my own version of the "Dog days...." as I have spent half of the morning reading news, entertainment, and general opinion articles to locate where to send The Flogging Whip today. Nothing is causing me to break into a huffy sweat.

Oh sure, I see that Texas Governor Rick Perry is praying in public while he postures for a possible presidential bid. The issue of the "separation between church and state" is growing stronger as many GOPer's are courting the Religious Right to gain support for their presidential campaigns. This is, of course, a subject of interest and will be the focus of a future flog post.

But not now.

It would be disingenuous for me to force-feed passion into words when the juice is not there at the moment.

The following quote by Plato sums-up my attitude on writing today:

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. 

I'm no fool, at least not at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment