Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wipe-Out

Well there. Here I am at last - only hours past my self-imposed publishing deadline once again. I wish I could find something worth writing, but it's been one of those weeks and today was one of those days. Today's weirdness hasn't been helped by the fact that I've been on a schedule that is the reverse of my usual daily routine.

Rather than begin the day with a roam through the Interwebs, then writing a few words here, finding the music, the art, posting, finding errors and re-editing, and then handle personal and household business until the day is done and night brings - whatever, today I needed to handle cleaning the house, the front of the house, and all of those things first (as a biz meeting is afoot in a few hours), then, as in NOW, the later mid-afternoon, I'm supposed to blog and do my duty, as it were.

But I'm so bleeping tired from the not-so-glam adventures of Cinderella with the floor washing and laundry washing and folding, then more dusting and sweeping...that  the only subject I feel like writing about is how my back hurts and that the rug in my part of the abode needs to be steam-cleaned. Should have installed hardwood flooring instead when minor remodeling went on a few years ago. The owner is in regret about it.

See? This is what happens when one has been housecleaning and sweeping those dratted leaves and endless dried-up-and-always-falling-to-the-ground palm fronds outside for hours. All I can think about are things that need further cleaning, fixing, organizing, removed, improved, painted, replaced, planted, weeded....

I don't think I'll do this new reverse thingy again any time soon, as "they" say. But it is true, that other thing "they" say: A woman's work is never done.

Yeah. Tell me about it.  

Image via: happytobeathome.net

No comments:

Post a Comment