Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tech Yeck!


Ah, life intrudes on the blogging front today. Humour is hiding somewhere in the house once again, this time probably at the mercy of that damn flogging whip that loves to have a roam around when I'm not looking.

Actually, the flogger tool has been on overdrive in the past 24 hours with absolutely unacceptable glitches in the building of my new website that has been in progress for two months -- only to discover how terribly vague, not helpful, and frustrating my host's support system is. This latest conundrum is now my third time down the aisle of website building with no consummation after the ring of payment has been placed into an unidentified cyberspace finger.

I've hired professionals, have made attempts on my own with near success, only to have a sudden plethora of techie details blocking the way as I moved closer to a full website opening wherein this blog would also reside in conjunction with a podcast, video capabilities, formats that allow animated emoticons, and easy to adjust CSS code for spacing. I mean, is it too much to ask that the content lines-up in a tight and clean fashion rather than stretched-out with gaps between each area as if the site had undergone a plastic surgeon's knife?

Well. I'm done with the latest hosts after patiently working with their slow and inefficient support people/system and am now on another hunt for what can best provide what I need wherein I can be the primary designer. Everyone says to use WordPress.com. Hah! They charge over $60.00 if they are hosting if one wants to have a video capability. They charge more than others on a monthly basis when you transfer your own domain name to your WP site. I love the sleek clean look of most WP blogs and sites, but WP and I don't see eye-to-eye. Even WP.org takes too much time.

I'm not cheap, but if I can have a podcast, a video plug-in w/ my webcam, a format where little dancing and jumping emoticons can make my readers laugh as they once did when I had an emoticon comic strip elsewhere last year, without tossing out extra money when there are other hosts and platforms to use, I'll go in that direction.

That's my flog for the day minus the whip - which will hopefully return after taking a nap from the recent techie flap.

See ya later.....

1 comment:

  1. wish i could help you out - am a dunce in techie-land

    luv your blog no matter what you write

    lotsa good stuff here

    ReplyDelete